912215 - Principal Structural Engineer
Our client is one of the world's largest providers of professional technical services. With a global network of more than 160 offices they operate in over 20 countries.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Principal Structural Engineer, based in London, England.
- Leading technical delivery of a number of projects with specific focus on historic buildings
- Take financial responsibility for projects
- Take technical responsibility for team activities and sign off designs in accordance with QA and other procedures
- Leading the design and specification for a variety of projects using a range of structural engineering software including Fastrak Building Designer, Orion, TEDDS and Contribute to design projects across offices and internationally where required
- Application of industry standard design and calculation software
- Preparation of reports, drawings and specifications
- Representation of the discipline and at internal and external meetings Project management of suitable projects
- Manage other engineers and designers
- Monitoring and reporting progress against time and financial objectives
- Compliance with design and QA procedures
- Monitoring of installation works on site and observance of technical compliance and H&S matters
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships through business development activities and project execution
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposal
Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to deliver structural projects on historical buildings
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a range of projects from concept through completion and delivering client satisfaction
- Experience in the design and specification of building structures in steel, concrete, masonry and timber to British Standards and Eurocodes
- Ability to implement the use 3D structural analysis and CSC design software on projects.
- Demonstrable experience of leading projects of varying scale and complexity and project teams within discipline
- Able to gain the confidence of and influence clients and other team members in the area of technical expertise and a proven ability to represent Jacobs at external
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Familiar with UK Building Regulations and design standards for discipline
- Committed to sustainable design with knowledge of current techniques and technologies as applied to own discipline
- Experience of multidisciplinary and/or multioffice project execution
- Business development experience
- Experience in mentoring staff in professional development
- Background Knowledge of Autocad or Revit software
- Able to obtain security clearance for selected projects
- Degree qualified in appropriate subject or equivalent
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 912215