- Posted 19 July 2022
- Salary paye
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Principal Engineer (CRA Products)
Salary - Competitive with excellent benefits package including flexible working options
Base - Glasgow. Aberdeen, London
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Principal Engineer with a good understanding of CRA materials and associated pipeline solutions to join their team. You will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, ideally one that is metallurgy based. You wll act as the Technical Lead providing direction and guidance for all aspects of CRA pipeline product.
- Supports early engagement activities on commercial projects (pre-contract award) by providing product technical input
- Responsible for providing product recommendations and guidance to key stakeholders on a timely basis in support of project win strategies. These recommendations should be the most commercially and technically appropriate pipeline solutions, with associated justifications, for the purposes of supporting early engagement activities (preliminary client discussions through to tender delivery).
- Develop, prepare and maintain standard guidance/ best practices and supporting information for early engagement activities and issuance to S&M and FDG and entry into the company's BMS.
- Be the source of key technical product information (including product design and operational envelopes) and ensure accuracy and alignment amongst key internal stakeholders.
- Participate in Community of Experts by contributing to the development of technical standards, specifications and providing technical expertise
- Provide technical support to SCM for the purposes of supplier discussions on CRA pipeline products. In particular, supporting and often leading discussions relating to product schedule, quality or cost/ efficiency improvements and cost of loss.
- Work with Technology Group and other key stakeholders to ensure new products are developed in line with company and product strategy whilst ensuring they are introduced (product industrialisation and commercialisation) to the market in line with company product development process (>TRL4).
- Develop and manage the CRA pipeline solutions product roadmap.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.