Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Principal Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Be the Lead Engineer on a study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
* Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
* Involvement in a large variety of work, from process optimisation, production efficiency improvements, tie-in studies and a range of schemes to lessen the carbon intensity of oil and gas production including introduction of new energy sources.
* Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, preparing process flow schemes, mass balances and equipment sizes, and preparing reports.
* Supervise and develop junior engineers.
* Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
* Understand clients' requirements and contribute to winning bids for work.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar
* Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent
* Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects
* Experience in feasibility or concept selection
* Experience using HYSYS/UniSim, performing standard process engineering calculations and developing technical reports
* Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
* Cost awareness
* Proactive approach
* Multi-tasking abilities
* Attention to detail
* Team player
* Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/067568.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.