Primary Steel Lead - Offshore Wind
- Posted 14 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment, Permanent Recruitment
- Contact NameEwan Melling
Great opportunity to work as a Primary Steel Lead for a Global Energy Consultancy who have a big focus on the Renewable Energy industry.
You will oversee the technical design and development of my client's global portfolio of future offshore wind foundations. You'll support the winning and delivery of projects through various levels of development, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades. You could be responsible for:
- Leading design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
- Supporting the innovation and development of designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
- Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
- Solving complex technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Developing our SME network for primary steel and a "go-to" for Monopile primary steel.
Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
- Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skills
- Previous experience in primary steel design for monopile foundations (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
- Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) - SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Track record in delivering offshore wind projects, specifically monopiles.
- Occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.