- Posted 22 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameSharina Tedja
We have a current opportunity for a Power Systems Architect on a contract basis. The position will be based in The Netherlands. For further information about this position please apply.
Our client is preparing to introduce scale systems to drive electrically driven chemical conversion at industrial scale. Designing such systems requires to integrate GW level grid environment with the chemical reactant site grid as well as integration with the supporting digital data environment. Especially the latter is expected to allow controlling the facility at ever increasing levels of safety, efficiency and flexibility. To enable to deliver, our client is strengthening its electrical engineering capabilities to be able to deliver the necessary innovation and establish electrical power technologies as a core research and development capability.
- Responsible for mid-term system design delivery technology authority
- Technology roadmap owner, responsible for alignment of the roadmap with relevant business partners.
- Full design of triple grid solutions including performance optimization, safety
- Managing design team contributing from all 3 fields (chemical, power, data)
- IP portfolio development (with relevant team leads)
Main area of work:
- Managing design of prototype and demonstration site power architectures integrating 20-1GW industrial conversion infrastructure for (multiple) industrial vehicles, supporting microgrid infrastructure and connect to industrial external grid infrastructure and auxiliary renewable power where appropriate.
- Focus on full site hierarchical system design defining power, data, connectivity and functionality for each of the system layers and subsystems required for delivery of the required energy, power and services.
- Developing strong customer relationships to translate future customer product development into Shell's technology roadmap.
- Incorporating existing industry standards and building new standards where required
- Focus on realization of scaling architectures accommodating
- Customer site expansion: future system expansion facilitating customer future power (related) needs.
- Business scaling: easy reuse of technology in follow up market expansion; company standards and involvement in industry standards
- Technology scaling: facilitating systems developing leading customer increasing demands or preparing next segment technology jumps.
- Contributing to shaping of the long-range research program in the related area
- Contributing to shaping capability development providing guidance on roadmap
- Supplier network building and joint technology development where needed.
What we need from you
Sound engineering know-how in the field of electrical engineering, closely collaborating with internal experts and stakeholders:
- A learner mindset showing you are driven to understand, instead of to assume
- Proven eagerness and ability to build expertise in a fast-evolving area
- Strong team player whilst also able to act autonomously, in a global/virtual team
- Experience in contributing to or managing technology development activities
- Ability to link business drivers to deep technical understanding and vice versa
- A commitment to HSSE especially in design for operability
We have multiple roles for candidates of varying levels of relevant experience and can offer flexibility in locations for the right candidates. We are looking for the following competences:
Core Technical competences
- Preferably PhD degree (or equivalent) in Electrical engineering and/or a Master's degree (or equivalent). Relevant working experience in power transmission and distribution, renewable power generation and its system integration is a plus or a requirement depending on the position.
- Understanding of primary/secondary power transmission/distribution/storage components (e.g. Bidirectional power systems, power transformer, circuit breaker, shunt reactors/capacitors, FACTS, HVDC) and their application in the context of renewable generation, power transmission and industrial electrification.
- Electrical power system and engineering experience obtained via industrial-scale renewable electric systems, EPC contractor, TSO/DSO, research project or providing consultancy/engineering service.
If you are interested in this role please contact Sharina Tedja on 06-12 220 369 or email email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.