- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
We are looking for a Plant Section Head to join our clients operations in Basra, Iraq.
Working a 28x28 rotation: flights, accommodation, and all in country costs covered
You will be managing the production operations and maintenance at a Degassing Station and/or Initial Production Facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Direct and control the day-to-day operations and find solutions to problems encountered in the operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Coordinate its activities with Department Manager to ensure maximum efficiency in the operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Ensures the realization of production programs, storage, shipping, and water injection.
- Coordinate activities with the various services (maintenance, engineering, production, and HSEQ).
- Ensure daily and monthly reporting to management to achieve the objectives of production and health and safety.
- Optimize injection of chemicals operations and monitoring of the results of analyses with the aim of reducing costs.
- Recommend and implement with the technical staff of the solutions for the problems and suggest possible improvements.
- Participate in the preparation of program of planned shutdown.
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of maintenance plans.
- Monitoring plant functionality and plant technical problems fixing.
- Controlling data gathering from well areas and plants.
- To deal with emergencies.
- To demonstrate a personal engagement in the HSE domain while respecting the politics and the recommendations for Company rules and standards.
- Meeting HSE targets for production and maintenance operations
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Degree or diploma in an engineering/technical discipline
- Experience in Operations and Maintenance in petroleum industry
- Familiarity with the oil and gas industry and all related production equipment & operations
- Familiarity with maintenance procedures and operations
- Data management and computer literacy (e.g. MS Office)
- Development of technical procedures related to different activities
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.