- Posted 23 May 2022
- Salary€45000 - €45001 per annum + medical insurance,pension
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameJohn Kelleher
Orion Group Lifesciences are delighted to exclusively partner with a leading international manufacturer in Cork.
We have a current opportunity for Performance Specialist on a permanent basis.
The Performance Specialist will be responsible for the manufacturing performance on the Cork site. This includes project, working with the manufacturing teams on performance, working with internal & external stakeholders, problem solving plus all aspects of factory manufacturing performance.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Define project scope, deliverable, schedules, and tasks list in line with cost reduction schemes
- Efficiency in project's undertaken such as waste management and automated systems
- Estimate duration and resource requirements
- Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Facilitate setting of technical, functional, and business requirements
- Develop detailed project plans including resource plans
- Track/manage project from initiation to successful completion
- Resolve Project issues, problems, and changes
- Drive correct usage and development of all Performance related systems
- Development of a structure that will allow for effective implementation of changes and individual elements of transformation
- Implementation and ongoing development of the vision of Digital Production - to improve production efficiency
- Liaise with suppliers and technology centres to understand new technologies and identify potential solutions for the plant
Our ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing / engineering background and be aware of the complexities of working in a production facility.
Please see the below for some of the competencies for this role; -
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Confident of in collaboration and seeking out improvements
- Logical and methodical approach to work practices and processes
- Good reporting writing and numerical skills
- A team player who can galvanise support for achieving key objectives
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.