- Posted 02 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNeil Grant
Job Purpose Summary:
Roles at this grade will typically work as part of a team to provide administrative or procedural support through working on a broad range of routine activities within well established procedures and under regular supervision or clear guidance. The range of tasks can be varied and will therefore require some understanding of office routines. As a consequence, some planning and organising of own workload is required to ensure that workflow is maintained. The nature of planning and organising in roles at this grade is essentially around timing and sequencing of assigned tasks, i.e. working out the most effective way in which to carry out particular tasks or make sure the deadline is met.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Receive and respond to enquiries from / to customers to provide a timely, courteous and effective service to others.
2. Prepare documentation / information following standard formal / templates or running and reading reports.
3. Make routine arrangements and bookings, such as meetings and hospitality, in accordance with clear instructions, involving the preparation and organisation of straightforward information, along with note / action taking as and when required.
4. Responsible for the day to day operation of systems and equipment necessary for the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
5. Some planning and organisation of workload is required to ensure delegated tasks is maintained, however the nature of planning is essentially about timing and sequencing of the assigned tasks, along with flexibility.
6. Use discretion to identify and resolve issues, referring to the line manager for assistance, as necessary.
1. Administration of Pension and Payroll tasks, including salary sacrifice schemes, ensuring accuracy of changes affecting employee salaries;
2. Administration of Recruitment, providing support to Vacancy Managers where necessary and supporting candidates throughout;
3. Administration of Learning and Development related queries and processes;
4. Entering employee changes on Fusion, ensuring all data held is accurate and up to date;
5. Assisting in keeping Fusion processes up to date and creating new ones where relevant
6. Providing support to ensure that employee transfers, secondments, leave and short-term assignments are effectively administered;
7. Monitoring employees on fixed term appointments and temporary assignments to ensure necessary and timely action is taken;
8. Provide case work support to People and OD Adviser as required;
9. Completing Occupational Health Referrals via our provider;
10. Develop strong working relationships with managers and employees, and have a good understanding of Client's priorities and objectives;
11. Work in partnership with managers at all levels to support them in fulfilling their people management responsibilities through the provision of coaching and advice/guidance, which is legislatively compliant, accessible, timely and user-friendly so that appropriate outcomes are achieved;
12. Contribute to the development and/or updating of People and OD guidance so that policies and practices are accurate, readily available and easily understood;
13. Provide support to People and OD colleagues to ensure balanced workloads and that the work of the team is covered at all times;
14. Take an active role in continued self-development.
Specific Job Role Requirements:
1. Demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the main areas of responsibilities associated with this role gained through working in a similar role, or a qualification equivalent to standard grades in English and Mathematics and some experience of working in a similar role.
2. Demonstrate accuracy with both numeracy and literacy skills.
3. Written and verbal communication skills.
4. Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures including standard software packages, with limited use of non-standard software.
5. Effective planning, organising and prioritising and familiarity with own priorities and those of colleagues.
6. Understanding of policies and procedures relevant to this role.
7. Understanding of health and safety policies and procedures relevant to this role, and the quality outputs and standards required.
8. Demonstrate customer service / interpersonal / team working skills.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.