- Posted 19 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel, based in Aberdeen.
* Supporting the International legal team members both in London and internationally in providing accurate and timely legal advice on a broad range of international matters.
* Coordinating discussions with internal clients across the business including Compliance, ESG, Exploration, Commercial, Strategy/M&A, Contracts & Procurement and others.
* Drafting and negotiating, and supporting the business with driving through to conclusion, a variety of international, corporate and commercial contracts (some examples include NDAs, engagement letters and Joint Operating Agreements), at all times with appropriate support.
* Demonstrating project management skills and ability to coordinate input from multiple teams on larger projects (including external counsel).
* Assist the International Legal Team with the implementation of its document management systems.
* Keeping abreast of legal developments affecting our business and clients/relevant functions and advising other team members of developments at regular intervals
* Performing any other duties or assignments that would be ordinarily expected of the role holder or as otherwise required by the business from time to time
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified solicitor or an individual who has completed the LPC (Legal Practice Course), with relevant experience for the role gained in-house or working for a reputable law firm
* Ability to take on the varied nature of the role - a combination of legal advice and administrative responsibilities, and ability to manage numerous such projects and conflicting demands
* Enthusiastic about the role and takes a keen interest in changes to the relevant legal and regulatory landscape and communicates them to the business in a timely manner
* Clear and confident communicator who can apply relevant law and regulation to the business and who knows when to ask for guidance from more experienced team members
* Excellent team player who shows willing to support the wider team on tasks however big or small
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with both international and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056015.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.