- Posted 26 September 2022
- Salary PAYE
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
PA to Deputy Principal
Duration 1 month, possibly longer
Hours of work - 35 per week, full-time
Our client is urgently seeking a PA to cover a short period which may be extended month to month.
You would have specific responsibility for one Deputy Principal whilst providing support to other Deputy Principals as required.
Key responsibilities will include acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries, managing and gate-keeping a constantly changing diary; coordinating internal and external meetings, researching projects, responding to correspondence, managing budgets and building and maintaining key relationships with staff and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of working in a highly confidential and fast-paced office and will be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion. The ability to juggle and deliver on deadlines which are constantly changing without compromising on quality is paramount as is the ability to stay cheerful and calm.
Excellent secretarial, communication and decision-making skills, coupled with outstanding administrative and organisational skills are essential. Candidates should be polite, friendly and approachable with the confidence to manage issues on behalf of the senior staff.
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent
- Recent relevant experience supporting a senior manager in a secretarial or PA role
- Understanding of University procedures, structures and the roles of senior staff
- Collaborative ethos and extensive experience of team working
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, methodical and able to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Accuracy, initiative and an eye for detail
- Advanced experience of computerised applications
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.