- Posted 14 November 2022
- Salary £26234 - £29237 per annum + extensive benefits
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
PA to Chief Executive
Location - Dunfermline
Salary £26,234 - £29,237 + extensive benefits
36 hours per week with Hybrid working arrangements available
Our client, operate and manage the Sports and Leisure facilities in Fife on behalf of Fife Council and enjoy contributing to "Health and Fitness for All" in the Fife Area. They are seeking a professional PA who can offer confidential administration support the Chief Executive and Board members of the organisation.
The job purpose is to provide a comprehensive and integrated range of support, administrative, planning, advocacy and research/analytical services to non-Executive Directors (the Board), CEO, Executive Directors (EMT) within CEO remit and external customers and stakeholders.
* Educated to SCQF level 7 which includes HNC Business Administration OR Advanced Highers OR equivalent
* Customer Service Professional Qualification
Summary of Tasks
* Offering a professional administrative support function to the CEO and Board
* Playing an active role in workload planning, business continuity and day to day workflow management for the CEO Corporate Services; an extension of this could involve taking a lead role for the Service as a whole for a prescribed period of time, and on a rotational basis with other postholders.
* Assisting in the planning of medium-term projects
* Providing a strong customer focus - this involves both anticipating and reacting to the needs of the full range of stakeholders involved with public sector, local community organisations and groups. Strong communication skills, flexibility and a 'can do' approach are essential.
* Having a sound understanding of local government and charitable sector organisations, in particular its governance arrangements, internal structures and range of public services. The postholder will have a concern for the business's good reputation and a familiarity with the media, as well as possessing high standards of integrity and discretion.
* Keeping up to date and an appreciation of Scottish public life and institutions, as well as a good working knowledge of community planning partners and a reasonable knowledge of everyday issues in Fife.
Scrutinising all incoming documents including emails, drafting replies where appropriate. Ensuring management receives all supporting back-up information to the documents received.
Providing guidance, mentoring and encouragement as required to other members of the CEO team.
Providing a customer contact response service, dealing with visitors, Councillors, MP's, enquries, telephone calls, emails, redirecting for resolution as appropriate.
Providing information management and process support in compliance standards.
* Experience of working as a PA/Executive Assistant at Management Level
* Ideally Shorthand skills or competent Minute taking ability
* Comprehensive Audio Typing skills
* Extensive experience of working in a pressurised environment
* Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
* Competent in the use of computer packages including Microsoft Office
* Competent diary management of self and Executive Management Team
* Experience of managing and co-ordinating events and meetings
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
* Team working and flexibility
* Excellent communication and customer focused skills
* Knowledge of third sector OSCR regulations would be an advantage
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.