Production Planner / Transport cover (Part-Time)
Location - Glenrothes
20 hours per week
Salary - £11,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and highly motivated Production Planner to join the UK market leader in Structured Cabling Systems. Based in Glenrothes, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning our new MTO cell, balancing customer demands with production capacity to optimise the utilisation of our manufacturing resources. The role is part time, 20 hours per week, however the successful candidate will be required to work additional hours as and when required, to cover the existing planning desks. Key accountabilities include:-
- Reviewing requests and orders from customer service and providing confirmation dates for customer orders based on machine & material availability.
- Creating weekly manufacturing plans which maximise productivity whilst controlling WIP levels and ensuring customer requirement dates are adhered to.
- Scheduling production orders to ensure that each process is properly and efficiently loaded with work.
- Ensuring that material requirements are reviewed with Procurement to match the build plan, identifying any risks to the plan due to material shortages and modifying plan accordingly.
- Interfacing with factory supervisors and technical support to schedule maintenance, development and process improvement activities.
- Daily Maintenance of the business the ERP /MES systems - Production order shortages, system error message etc.
The Planner will be numerically competent with high attention to detail coupled with an excellent standard of communication and interpersonal skills. The Production Planner will also possess the ability to be persuasive at all levels and will be able to work both on their own and as part of a team. The role is varied and demanding and would therefore best suit a flexible individual with drive, determination and initiative. Candidates should be IT literate, with strong working knowledge of MS Office and experience of ERP/MES systems. The successful candidate will be expected to proactively lead all aspects of Planning.
In addition to the Planning duties, the successful candidate will also be required to assist / cover the transport desk on an adhoc basis, therefore you should have prior experience of transport co-ordination, including knowledge of export documentation, import clearance instruction, certificates of origin and bills of lading.