We have a current opportunity for an Operations Safety & Environment Coach on a contract basis. The position will be based in Buliisa - Uganda on rotational basis.
* Continue to further develop and maintain a safety culture on the rig site.
* Promote safety through coaching, knowledge sharing and, in all respects, demonstrate a visible leadership in safety and thereby ensuring that accidents are prevented to the maximum extent possible.
* Assume front-end coaching of the crew with respect to:
1)Hazard observation techniques, risk and preventive barrier understanding, charterer guidelines and procedures related to safe operation onshore, proper handling and reporting incl. use of Safety Observation Cards (SOC) and job packages. Further to assist the crew in identifying risk and hazards and contribute to find constructive solution to improve safety as well as liaise employees' safety concerns to the onboard management's attention.
2) Work Permit Risk Identification and Mitigation.
* Control the quality of the Rig Site Safety induction.
* Assist the Superintendent in controlling that the training of the Rig Contractor and the services companies' personnel complies with the training matrix of the Rig Contractor and the services companies.
* Assist the OSE Superintendent in developing with the Rig Contractor an HSE improvement plan.
* Perform regular safety audit to the contractor and service company HSE systems utilized on the rig.
* Share good practices from one Rig site with the other Rig sites.
- HSE perf. reporting (Incidents, Nbr of audit performed and unconformities identified + actions follow-up)
- Ensure HSE enhancement monitoring process (track progresses from actions identification to closure)
- Participate on the Cause Tree Analysis (CTA) when needed, ensure that the action plan for identified corrective measures is implemented.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* HND minimum (Or equivalent professional experience)
* HSE Background preferred, but candidates with proven track record on Drilling and wells operations will be considered * Certification preferred: Risks & Human factor; Cause tree analysis, Respect of environment in operations, Oil Spill Clearance.
* Strong communication skills, leadership skills and the ability to work with and motivate employees on all levels of the organization.
* A minimum of 3 years in an equivalent position in Drilling and Wells in operations
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.