Main Purpose of the role:
Provide management support to the operations function and the Directorate giving guidance to the business unit to meet the demands of safety, profitability and production through the economic use of the Company's resources.
A primary function will include developing and maintaining competent management, implementation and compliance with company systems and organising appropriate resource to support the Project Teams, which at all times shall be efficient and proficient being perceived as professionals in their work.
To act, and to ensure all those within your control act, professionally to protect and maintain the good standing of the Company within the industry and its Clients.
- Party to the continual development and improvement of the company Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality systems. Support in the implementation of company policies.
- Ensure compliance of the operations and support services with that of legislative requirements and the company SHEQ systems.
- Develop a positive safety culture and performance within the operations team.
- Support in the chairing and organisation of Business Safety Meetings.
- Carry out safety investigations along with H&S Manager where required.
- Ensure all human resources are competent in their respective roles.
- Assist with the recruitment of operational staff.
- Identify staff development and carry out appraisals.
- Ensure a productive and profitable workforce
- Systematically improve the calibre of the Project Management and site staff to establish the Eastern Region as a top quality contractor.
- Ensure that the appropriate supply chain is in place to satisfy the requirements of the business and individual projects.
- Ensure that a regular assessment of our supply chain is carried out by the Project Teams and 1:1 reviews of the supply chain and procurement where required.
Production & Commercial
- Assist the project teams prepare / issue factual and accurate reports for the Monthly Regional Board Meetings.
- Attend monthly CVR Meetings with project teams and Directors.
- Review job costs and instigate reviews and recovery plans, where necessary. Assist with the management of Labour & Productivity.
- Regularly visit all sites.
- Ensure that each project is adequately resourced to maintain H&S, programme and quality objectives efficiently.
- Assist with the monitoring of progress and reactive measures implemented where progress slips including weekly/monthly reports.
- Ensure the optimum resources are allocated to deliver upon budget objectives.
- Review and endorse End Day Forecasts with the Commercial team.
- Promote communication between all departments to continually improve project performance and team relationships namely Surveying, Operations and other departments eg Buying, Administration, Accounts, Planning, Productivity etc
- Improve the Company's overall performance and image by ensuring all contracts are run effectively to a high quality to meet, or better completion dates and produce maximum return to improve the Company's profitability.
- Attend ad-hoc site meetings, as appropriate, to ensure that the Company is adequately represented and to ensure that proper use is made of company resources. "Trouble-shoot" in appropriate areas as identified by others.
- Assist in monitoring regular Customer feedback on Construction performance to permit assessment of the Company's strengths and weaknesses.
- Continually develop relationships with outside consultants and clients.
- Provide technical and operational support to the preconstruction team.
- Represent the Company at interviews as required.
- Where required interrogate tender site reports making comment and recommendation on project planning, buildability, staffing, plant, risk and opportunities
CSCS Card (Managerial)
Degree level qualified in; Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivelant
CIOB or equivelant chartered institution