- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIona Larnach
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
44.01 is a CO2 removal company focused on fighting climate change. We are developing pioneering technology to mineralise CO2 in subsurface geological formations, enabling the safest and most durable form of CO2 removal.
Our mission is to make CO2 mineralisation feasible, accessible, and scalable. We are a mission- driven business focused on innovation, purpose, risk-taking, doing the right thing, and challenging the status quo.
Our goals over the next 18 months include deploying our first commercial mineralisation sinks, deploying our first commercial-scale direct air capture (DAC) and point-source capture (PSC) projects, and validating the commercial viability of our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by engaging with commercial technology partners, offtakers, financiers, and regulatory entities in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Your work has the potential to directly shape our fight against climate change. Your contribution will help us achieve our goal of mineralising 1 Gt of CO2 by 2040.
- Doing the Right Thing, legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles.
- Restore our earth, we are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium.
- Challenge the Status Quo, to solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology to mitigate climate disaster.
About the role:
The Operations Engineer is responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of plant equipment to ensure optimal performance and production levels while adhering to HSE regulations. This role works closely with other engineering team members in achieving the company's vision with clear deliverables. The Operations Engineer will be required to work autonomously and communicate with external vendors for any remote system support.
What you will do:
- Monitoring and overseeing day-to-day operations of a Carbon Capture plant
- Performing and assist in start-up, shutdown, and normal operations of facility equipment
- Performing preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance measures
- Monitor sensors, gauges, switches, alarms, and other indicators to ensure that all plant machinery is working to standard
- Identify operational problems by observing and studying the functioning and performance of systems
- Manage operation of plant laboratory and any demonstration equipment
- Attend to on site breakdowns and develop operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and testing alternative approaches
- Carrying out site inspections and audits
- Ensuring that safety and environmental rules and programs are adhered to and maintaining a clean, hazard free working environment
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading publications, and participating in professional training
- Maintain a register of all tools, equipment, and inventory spare parts
- Generate monthly and quarterly plant performance and maintenance reports
- Keep abreast of new technologies and integrate innovative solutions
What you will bring:
- Understand and believe in sustainability and negative emissions
- Skilled at problem-solving, critical thinking and reporting
- Good understanding of operations, electronics, and control systems
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Process/ Chemical / /Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an operations field
What's in it for you…
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
- To be part of a team that will invest in your career growth
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.