- Posted 27 April 2022
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Operations Cost Controller, based in Aberdeen.
* Works with budget holders to prepare business plans, Value of Work Done, and forecasts
* Tracks commitments and invoices against activities
* Invoice verification (against contract & purchase order commitments) for appropriate cost coding, price and scope checks. Where applicable follow up with vendor on invoice related queries.
* Liaise with supply chain on invoice related issues as appropriate.
* Provision of information for cost allocations cycles as required
* Prepares variance and trend analysis as required
* Collaborates with key stakeholders including budget owners, contract owners and accountants
* Undertakes various reconciliations exercises as required (inc. Well Recs)
* Provides support to master data and reporting structure requirements
* Provide ad-hoc cost analysis and management presentations as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified and appropriate experience and qualifications
* Understanding of Upstream E&P industry requirements
* Strong understanding of cost management including Value of Work Done and forecast to complete
* Solid understanding of contracts and procurement
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience of Finance systems
* Strong MS Office skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation
* Focus on service delivery to business and functions
* Flexible and responsive to stakeholder requirements and changing environment
* Ability to deliver high quality work by deadlines and work effectively under time pressure
* Ability to work on own initiative, proactively drive change, take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/052708.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.