Our client, a leading international operator, have a current opportunity for a Onshore Telecoms Engineer on a contract basis supporting a major LNG project in Mozambique. The position will be based in LONDON, therefore candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Candidates MUST have
- Degree in Telecommunications Engineering discipline
- Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
- Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings.
- Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques.
- Must have recent experience working on the design of telecoms a network infrastructures for oil & gas facilities, working directly for owner/operator
- Experience in working in a project team of engineers and able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions in office and at site.
- Oversight and review of EPC Contractor's telecommunications and networking engineering scopes of work.
- Manage plant telecommunications and IT networks and related systems including VoIP based telephone and intercom, PAGA, Control systems, trunked radio system, LAN, WLAN and VLAN.
- Ensure implementation of cybersecurity standards and implementation of company Cyber Security.
- Work in the I&E Engineering organization of 12 FTE on Company's side and around 185 FTE on Contractor's side.
- Assure the Telecoms discipline issuance, review, and approval of EPC technical documents.
- Provide expertise in WAN, Corporate LAN, Telephone System, Hotline System, Public Address General Alarm (PAGA), Meteo Environmental Monitoring System (MEMS), Vessel Traffic Monitoring System (VTMS), Marine Systems (Quick Release Hooks, Mooring Line Monitoring, Berthing Aid System, Ship to Shore, Marine Data Gathering System), CCTV (Process & Security), Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection System, Personnel/Vehicle/Parcel Scanners, Integrated Security Management System (including intercom), VHF Marine Radio System, Operation Radio System (DMR and TETRA), Entertainment System (IPTV & Recreational WiFi), Structured Cabling System, Fibre Optic Network, Radio Towers, etc.
- Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Telecoms design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Interface with corporate and partner IT personnel to ensure security firewalls are in place for business enterprise data access.
- Interface with corporate cyber-security personnel.
- Interface with Mozambique government authorities for licensing, permitting and compliance verification.
- Indirectly provide oversight and guidance to the engineering teams, Automation and Instrumentation and Control Engineers with respect to telecoms and network system design and interfaces especially with respect to Cyber Security requirements.
- Participate in FATs and IFATs for telecoms systems and interfaces with the ICSS and other systems as required.
- Participate in P&ID reviews, HAZOP and other safety review meetings.
- Proactively manage the telecoms and network system overall cost and schedule; closely monitor the EPC Contractor's work product and raise any issues with the I&E Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the technical integrity of the EPC contractor's telecommunications and network engineering / design during EPC execution.
- Assist the I&E Engineering Manager in ensuring the I&E Discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
- During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.