Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Offshore Subsea Supervisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Directs and manages the activities of well services contractors during offshore subsea operations and ensures work programmes are followed.
* Directs and manages the activities of contractors and service providers during offshore subsea operations and ensures programmes are executed safely and efficiently, in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements.
* Acts as the focal point for day-to-day communication and reporting between the offshore site and onshore operations teams. Ensures all reporting requirements are met in relation to daily operations, Well Examination Scheme, etc.
* Takes a lead role in technical/operational problem-solving and decision-making processes, identifies changes to programmes, risk assesses changes and obtains change approvals, etc.
* Monitors contractor activities, materials movements, etc. and ensures contractors and service providers meet performance expectation/deliver on KPIs relating to e.g., HSE, cost effective use of services and equipment offshore.
* Attends rig/platform management meetings to ensure appropriate representation in relation to subsea activities.
* Responsible for the capture of lessons learned and appropriate close out of issues, liaising with contractor and onshore teams as appropriate.
* Always demonstrates HSE leadership, actively supports rig/installation safety programmes, supports HSE inspections/visits, etc.
* Ensures offshore and onshore teams inter-face effectively.
* Contributes to End of Well Drilling and Completion Reports
* Provides technical support to offshore management during offshore emergencies/training activities in relation to cased hole well control incidents.
* The job holder is expected to be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Considerable experience in subsea operations on LWIV & semi-submersibles
* Experience of leading completions and Well Operations/Engineering teams - onshore and offshore
* Experience of running complex subsea completions and trees
* Sound commercial awareness/project financing/cost control principles
* Proven relationship-builder - internally and externally
* Highly developed communication skills
* Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships within an operationally focused environment.
* Master's Degree in an engineering/technology/science discipline
* Considerable experience in a Subsea operations role on semi-submersibles
* Fully certified by a recognised Well Control Authority e.g., IWCF, WELLCAP
* Offshore medical, survival and MIST certification
* The company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066878.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.