- Posted 18 May 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Offshore HES Advisor, based Offshore on a 2 / 3 rotation.
* Provides interpretation and guidance on related safety, health and environmental legislation.
* Develops and manages asset safety, health and environmental programmes.
* Be the Incident Free Operations (IFO) focal point, conduct IFO training, awareness and refresher session, ensuring IFO tools are effectively used.
* Extends IFO induction/oversight to project & shutdown work.
* Facilitates offshore preparation and participates in Regulatory inspections
* Monitors incident audit and regulatory commitment actions (for offshore Team) support and encourage timely completion.
* Maintains the assets active monitoring database and runs reports as required.
* Facilitates safety training exercises related to identified incident and accident scenarios.
* Conducts or facilitates safety, health and environmental audits (including third party external audits) and compliance monitoring and support the development effective implementation of smart actions.
* Facilitates implementation of Safety training programmes and initiatives.
* Supports the delivery of the asset audit, assurance & HES plan.
* Supports and facilitates incident investigations in conjunction with the investigation team leader, ensures all incidents are captured & investigated and ensures the quality of the investigation and report.
* Conducts site visits with focus on compliance with procedures and permits, task knowledge and understanding of the risk and mitigations required.
* Observes the controls for risk management / safe work controls and TBTs to determine if effectively implemented - and provides coaching feedback to make required improvement.
* Supports the appointment, engagement and development of Safety Representatives.
* Supports the review and offshore roll out of safety critical documents and procedures.
* Supports the Offshore Medic in the delivery of the occupational health & hygiene plan.
* Supports the OIM to prepare and hold regular safety meetings.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Professional occupational health and safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH Certificate)
* Proven Oil and Gas experience in a similar offshore role.
* Possess a proven knowledge of appropriate Health and Safety legislation / standards
* Knowledge of process safety management.
* Ability to identify and apply appropriate risk assessment techniques for operational activities.
* Trained and competent to lead and perform management system audits against industry and company standards.
* Trained and competent to lead investigations of significant accidents/incidents.
* Must be self-motivated and capable of organising and prioritising own diverse daily work schedule.
* Proficient at executing and supporting wider HSE / Operations programmes and initiatives.
* Knowledge of management systems and developing and implementing HSE management procedures.
* Demonstrable computer skills including generation of spreadsheets, word processing and use of web-based databases.
* Possess safety coaching skills and understand when these can be applied to improve performance.
* An understanding of human behaviour and how to develop effective relationships.
* Strong written and verbal communications, with good attention to detail.
* Ability to develop and deliver a variety of HSE related material to offshore crews.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054752.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.