Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Materials Controller, based Offshore.
Strive to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
* Act as focal point for all materials and logistics activities.
* Develop and communicate plans for the safe and efficient back loading & unloading of supply vessels.
* Assist the Drilling Supervisor in the planning, scheduling and delivery of all materials, rental services and Contractor Personnel to well site to meet operational requirements.
* Assist rig coordination of the deck for the company's requirements for equipment including onboard control and return of stock and rentals.
* Liaising with Shore base Logistics Co-ordinator, onshore Marine Controllers, onshore DMC and Heli admin to provide plans and guidance for the delivery of marine and aviation assets, services and personnel in a cost-effective manner ensuring continued drilling operations are maintained.
* Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate records of materials manifests and logistics
activities in PC, Livelink or hard copy as required.
* Preparation, issue and control of documentation for the shipment of goods classified by the UN as Dangerous for Shipment by Air or Sea.
* Assist with the execution of installation waste management policy and procedure including
accurate documentation for all the company's produced waste shipments in accordance with SEPA regulations.
* By means of 10 days rolling Daily Look-Ahead provide notice of future requirements to all
interested parties on all well equipment and manning resource requirements and timings.
* Monitor usage, infield transfers and returns of all tangible equipment and 3rd Party Rentals by means of maintaining a Rental Register or MEL to ensure cost effective use of equipment and movement tracking
Experience & Qualifications:
* Current offshore medical certificate
* Current Offshore Survival/Fire-fighting certificate
* Up to date qualifications in Shipment of Dangerous Goods by Air and Sea
* Demonstrable experience in an offshore materials management environment
* Knowledge of Drilling and Completion operations
* Logistical experience of offshore operations including the supply of materials, services and manning resources required to support well operations.
* Computer literate, intermediate to advanced skills in use of PC-based spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail
* Good knowledge of HM Customs and Excise requirements
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066819.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.