- Posted 01 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group are sourcing an Observational Research Epidemiologist on behalf of our Multinational Biotechnology Client on an initial 12-month contract located in Uxbridge (Hybrid).
This position will be involved in supporting real-world evidence generation activities for one or more products or disease areas and will be working closely with the relevant product lead(s) to define and implement research projects.
- Responsibilities may include writing protocols, statistical analysis plans, providing guidance to programmers on the implementation of the analysis, interpreting and summarising results for reporting, co-ordinating input from multiple stakeholders, contribution of expertise to research strategy.
- Research projects may include analysis of real-world data assets, external secondary data sources, internal or external prospective observational studies and/or chart reviews.
- The role will involve working closely with stakeholders internally and externally, providing input into Centre for Observational Research department meetings, promoting understanding and use of real-world data and epidemiologic methods, and communicating significant scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong writing skills, communication, enthusiasm, and time management skills are essential.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's degree in Epidemiology (or other subject with high epidemiologic content) with additional 2 years research experience or Doctorate in Epidemiology (or other subject with high epidemiologic content) or medical degree with observational research experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of epidemiological research experience.
- Experience in research to support drug development.
- Experience of analysis with large databases.
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of epidemiology studies within the pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience in research project planning and management.
- Experience communicating epidemiological information (written and oral).
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.