- Posted 02 June 2022
- SalaryUS$45 - US$48 per hour + Health, Dental, Vision
- LocationRedwood City
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameDanielle StGeorge
Molecular Biologist/Biological Research Technician
6month initial contract
$45-$48/HR based on health benefits
Redwood City, CA
Orion Group is now hiring a Molecular Biologist /Biological Research Technician to work onsite for our generic pharmaceutical drug manufacturer in Redwood City, CA.
The Biologics Division is seeking an experienced and motivated molecular biologist.
The Molecular Biologist /Biological Research Technician will join the company by helping with antibody and protein expression/characterization group to work in a team developing novel therapeutic antibody candidates.
Molecular Biologist/ BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use techniques of molecular biology/biochemistry
- DNA/RNA manipulations
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Gene amplifications and vector constructions
- Protein production using both bacterial and mammalian cells and column purification
- Biochemical and immunological assays including ELISA, analytical HPLC, Biacore SPR and Octet BLI systems, etc.
Molecular Biologist/BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- A MS degree in biological science and 5-7 years of relevant industry experience in the biomedical area.
- 5-10 yrs, DNA Purification
- Protein AB purification
- Must have analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work with flexibility and independence
- Must have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills as well as computer proficiency.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.