Location: North Chicago, IL
Contract Length: 12 months (potential to extend/convert)
Pay: $21 (with benefits)
Collects environmental and utility samples for microbiological and chemical testing. Performs microbiological testing on water and swabs. Implements, and maintains and make changes to create global solutions for a safe work environment and good manufacturing practices in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Maintains training certifications as needed for assigned job tasks and takes responsibility to add new training diversification to meet broader team objectives.
- Performs analytical or microbial test methods and changes as written to support product and material release with minimal error.
- Accepts responsibility for all data generated to support material release and to complete assigned tasks as committed.
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves analytical techniques and instrument issues.
- Interprets experimental data for conformance with product/material specifications.
- Understands and identifies laboratory techniques or instrumental performance in accordance with scientific principles.
- Proposes and implements experimental design to determine exception root cause.
- Demonstrates logical thought processes in order to determine possible contributors to exception events and initiates appropriate exception documents in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Can work in multiple laboratory functional areas as assigned and can effectively perform a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained on with minimal error, while adjusting to unforeseen technical or logistical obstacles to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work with general supervision but effectively manages their own time to multi-task based upon their completed training matrix.
- Participates and contributes to assigned teams to meet broader business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology; Associate's Degree with at least 2 years of lab experience; High School Diploma with at least 5 years of directly related laboratory experience.
- Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials weighing up to 25 pounds, vision to monitor and moderate to loud noise levels
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.