Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Technician, based in Aberdeen.
* Safe and efficient operation of all mechanical, rotating equipment and associated systems, including high frequency PMR work, completing planned and corrective maintenance on mechanical systems. Updating the electronic CMMS system SAP to provide details of task and work history, in addition to system reporting. Accountable for the execution and prioritising of assigned work orders in the 7-day plan. Safety Critical equipment maintenance, repair, inspection, fault finding on mechanical equipment throughout the Platform Topsides.
The range of equipment includes, but is not limited to the following:
Process Pumps & Utilities
Power Generation Support
Production and Utility Equipment and Systems
* Works with equipment vendors to execute major maintenance activities; competence to work on pump and generator sets and mentor less experienced personnel up to this standard. Competent in use of procedures, maintains accurate and comprehensive records including, daily and trip handover documents, maintenance records.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Industry recognised Apprenticeship and relevant qualification (minimum S/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent) and background in heavy industrial rotating equipment. Extensive mechanical operations and maintenance competency, preferably gained in an offshore environment or oil and gas industry.
* Must have the ability to compile technical reports with associated drawings as required, pertaining to mechanical systems or operations.
* Proactive approach to HE&S initiatives.
* Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.
* Demonstrate proactive, flexible and positive attitude. Share knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference:TR/065296
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.