- Posted 10 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Technical Authority, based in Aberdeen.
* To ensure Safety Systems are designed and function to support Safety Case WSE, SMS,
* Performance Standards and all legislative requirements.
* Assuring change or modifications safeguard the integrity of the asset and risks continue to be controlled.
* Carry out/participate in Incident Investigation/IRP, RCA/5 WHY, FMECA, PMO
* Management of SCE equipment/systems.
* Provide medium/long term input to Annual and LoF plans and budgets by way of obsolescence studies, optimisation opportunities and planning in support of company's policies, plans and activities.
* Responsible for retaining function of systems and equipment in support of company's business needs and targets.
* Responsible for ensuring Operational Integrity is being maintained across all assigned assets, and that risks resulting from activities/impaired equipment and systems are being managed in line with Maintenance Policy.
* Responsible for ensuring Performance Standards are kept up to date for assigned SCE's, and that Assure Routines are appropriate and align with Performance Standards.
* Set spares holding philosophy in accordance with equipment lead time, condition, function, cost and LoF demands for all assigned areas.
* Use CMMS to carry out downtime reviews, identify bad actors' common mode failure, trend analysis, MTBF, MTTR, optimise PMR's and generate recommendations accordingly.
* Carry out/participate in 5 WHY/RCA, FMECA, , RCM/Maintenance Strategy Reviews
* Repair/replacement of equipment as required by business needs or equipment condition, where replacement (like-for-like activity with no significant design change or support requirements).
* Manage spares stockholding in line with Spares and Critical Sparing Philosophy, and manage spares, repairs and expediting.
* Manage and report on Mainfield Opex budget for Mechanical activities on assigned assets.
* Input and adhere to Planning Process and Shutdown activities, review and advise on accuracy of
* 35 day/90 day Shutdown/LoF/Business Interruption & LoF plans.
* To undertake role of Maintenance Technical Authority (Mechanical) for assigned assets/areas of responsibility and deputise for Maintenance Team Lead as required.
* Development and upkeep of Mechanical Maintenance Policies and Procedures to support offshore/onshore activities and ensuring technical integrity is maintained.
* Provide Mechanical technical support guidance and decision making to other departments on all
* corporate matters, equipment design, selection and operation.
* Management of Contracts for Specialist or Support services in association with relevant Commercial Advisors.
* Set schedule for, and participate in CMMS, SHE, Technical, Themed and Vendor Audits.
* Visit assigned assets regularly (6 times per year).
* Conduct site visit/ reports on key vendors.
* Attend offshore as technical expert to assist platform manage major interventions/ projects
* Interface with HSE, DECC, Certifying Authorities as directed by Maintenance Superintendent.
* Prepare annual and LoF budget submissions for assigned assets in conjunction with Maint. TL.
* Area specific responsibilities (e.g. Travel, Offshore/West Africa)
Experience & Qualifications:
* Understanding of offshore production and utility systems
* Proven ability to read and interpret critical engineering drawings, SLD's, schematics, P&ID's
* Proven offshore and onshore experience
* Computer literate - Microsoft packages, Presentation, Database systems, Maintenance Management Systems
* Ability to identify, investigate, audit and control technical change.
* Related discipline knowledge, understanding and experience of "best practices".
* Experience and understanding of rotating and static equipment types, including pumps, compressors, power generators, diesel engines, cranes, HVAC, refrigeration systems, basic unit control systems and process interactions and reliance.
* Safety Management Systems compliance
* Safety Case compliance
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding and application of relevant legislation.
* Promote team working, identify forums for shared discussion, share information on equipment management, and align plans, resources and ideas.
* Experience of the management of day-to-day issues and troubleshooting operational plant and facilities
* Understanding and use of Risk
* Logical, structured, analytical approach* Project Management Skills
* Related discipline knowledge, understanding and experience of "best practices", industry standards.
* Contract/Budget Management Skills
* Ability to take the lead with people, processes, resource planning, and required business interventions.
* Methodical, systematic approach to activity development
* Ability to evaluate performance (process/people)
* Vendor and Contract Management.
* Ability to be assertive and challenge where required, while maintaining strong relationships built on trust and confidence.
* Ability to Supervise on/offshore multidiscipline teams
* Candidates will hold an Engineering degree or similar from recognised university
* Attained/working toward Chartered Engineer status
* Relevant experience in Ops. and Maintenance Engineering Preferred
* BSc/BEng HND plus Significant experience
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063188
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.