- Posted 05 June 2022
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Static Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Support delivery of safety, integrity, production and environmental performance of the asset.
* Conduct 'fitness for purpose' assessment in-house, where possible, and make recommendations on suitability of equipment for continued service. Where sub-contracted services are required, develop detailed specification for the work and select most suitable vendor.
* Review temporary repair designs to ensure they are adequate for the application and conform to company procedures
* Responsible for ensuring controlled documents are up to date and any changes are managed.
* Responsible for monitoring / compliance with asset discipline Performance Standards and completion of Independent Verification Body (IVB) actions where appropriate
* Communicate asset risks / non-compliances to the discipline technical authority.
* Responsible for monitoring / compliance with implemented asset discipline documents on the company Management System (TMS).
* Responsible for technical input into procedures, maintenance deferrals and Operational Risk Assessments (ORA's) within discipline
* Responsible for technical input of platform (Management of Change) MOC's at agreed stage gates.
* Assure compliance with good technical practice through offshore visits and audits.
* Responsible for technical approval of material and service requisitions (within discipline) in Maximo.
* Asset focal point for specified maintenance support contractors and associated performance management duties.
* Planning of vendor support visits and co-ordination of any follow up activities
* Manage onshore overhauls of equipment, attend repair facilities and witness activities where appropriate
* Participate in incident investigations and assist offshore team in identifying root cause.
* Assist Offshore with safety critical maintenance deferral process and contribute to risk assessments.
* Support Offshore maintenance personnel to continually improve the Maintenance strategies to ensure optimum balance of technical integrity, reliability, cost and life of the field.
* Monitor, review and risk assess work activity backlog, working with maintenance team to ensure deferral of work activity follows correct procedure.
* Support HSE inspections as asset discipline point of contact for data requests, clarifications and completion of HSE actions where appropriate.
* Provide technical input into year shutdown scope definition and execution and actively participate as a member of the onshore shutdown team.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline or significant experience
* Current Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate (Preferred)
* Chartered Engineer status with an appropriate engineering council registered body (Preferred)
* Experience in a discipline support role or similar offshore position.
* Knowledge of Bolted Joints, WPS/PQR, Fitness for Service Assessment to API 579
* Knowledge of composite repair methods and their design philosophy
* Knowledge of piping, pressure vessel, heat exchanger and storage tank design.
* Some experience within specialist engineering discipline with a moderate level of knowledge of UK offshore operations and infrastructure
* Overall understanding of key legislation and regulatory framework applicable to UKCS offshore regime with knowledge of major accident hazards, performance standards, assurance and verification activities.
* Knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to development and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes.
* Awareness of other discipline functions e.g. Operations, Inspection, Engineering and Process.
* Knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools
* Experience of undertaking in-service equipment assessments e.g. API 579, BS 7910.
* Experience of the management of vendor services contracts
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055109.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.