- Posted 22 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering Skilled Trades
- Contact NameNeil Grant
Job Title - Mechanical Fitter
Location - Inverness
The role will involve, but is not limited to:
1. Provide maintenance/mechanical support
2. Carry out all PM's to ensure reliability of equipment
3. Report any area of concern to supervisor
4. Ensure complete shift report left in logbook which details any issues
5. Review maintenance and operational logbooks at the beginning of every shift
6. Identify any MIP initiatives to supervisor
7. All stores withdrawals must be booked out.
8. Daily check workload at start of shift and complete as required, signing off all completed jobs
9. Complete all tasks in an efficient and effective manner
10. Assist through performance the achievement of area goals
11. Liaison with other departments to ensure safe and efficient running of the plant
12. Identifying and implementing improvements
Working safely is a condition of employment.
Participation in safety activities includes but is not limited to:
* Actively participating in the near miss reporting process.
* Participating in toolbox talks.
* Carrying out personal Nortrain and AZT compulsory training.
* Being an active member of a relevant safety sub-committee. Participating in safety tours.
* Skills. Knowledqe & Attitudes / Behaviours
The post holder requires to:
* Ensure safe working practices at all times
* Comply with all company policies and procedures
* Gain familiarity of area and process
* Recommend any changes to equipment to supervisor
* Ability to highlight any risks / tasks which could be encountered during normal working day
* Identify all training requirements to allow job to be completed with minimum risk to business
* Good communication skills
* Be a person who possesses a wide range of mechanical skills
* Have good interpersonal skills to allow appropriate on site interaction
* Have good time management skills to concentrate efforts on the more important priorities
* Have an awareness of personal limitations, willingness to seek and give feedback
* Have the ethics and values to adhere to Norbord's Vision and Values culture
Qualification(s) / Experience
* Minimum City & Guilds / ONC Level education in a mechanical discipline
* Completed a four-year recognised apprenticeship Relevant experience in mechanical maintenance
* Experience of working within a fast-moving manufacturing environment
* HNC/D Level in a mechanical discipline
* Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and experience
* Health & Safety Experience
* Working experience in a 365 day 24/7 environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.