Our Client has a long-term contract opportunity for a Project Engineer (Mechanical) to join their team, based in Invergordon.
The Project Engineer (Mechanical) will be responsible for the delivery of assigned Capital Projects. They will be required to follow the engineering governance requirements which will include elements of writing tender documents, obtaining quotations, adhering to and producing budgets, working alongside procurement and legal to agree contracts and manage design/ delivery, installation and commissioning of the projects all in line with the business requirements. Working alongside production and other engineers, must be able to define a problem then scope, design and deliver a safe, cost-effective solution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with production to understand the issues which are constraining production and lead on projects/modification to address.
- Using continuous improvement techniques such as yellow belt to improve working practices in plant, process and people.
- Look for and deliver improvements to reduce energy usage, water usage and contribute to the net zero carbon goal.
- Produce CAPEX papers detailing the business case and seek relevant approvals for any significant plant changes.
- Submit projects and provide input for the CAPEX 5-year plan.
- Ensure relevant final documentation and training is provided to production & engineering teams.
- Collect and analyse production data to measure efficiencies to increase volume.
- Read, interpret and appraise engineering drawings.
- Write engineering specifications, technical and tender documentation.
- Develop appropriate engineering solutions to suit business requirements.
- Collect technical information relating to projects and present it in a suitable format.
- Produce P&IDs, Plant & Equipment Schedules along with other relevant project documentation.
- Collate or produce all relevant asset information to allow the CMMS system to be updated and maintenance requirements defined.
- Ensure the health and safety standards are always upheld.
- Provide suitable design solutions ensuring the safest practicable option is selected.
- Lead and participate in HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA and other relevant risk identification and reduction activities related to CAPEX projects.
- Ensure projects are conducted in accordance with all H&S requirements including CDM regulations, suitable and sufficient RAMS are provided for all tasks and suitably trained and qualified staff and contractors are used.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
- Relatable engineering work experience
- Experience managing engineering projects
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of engineering principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Project
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Natural problem solver
- Managing multiple stakeholders and competing demands
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068993
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.