- Posted 22 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
We have a current opportunity for a Mechanical Designer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Aberdeen. For further information about this position please apply.
* To safely undertake duties within a multidiscipline Engineering Group. Responsible for engineering tasks, from initial kick-off to issue of deliverables
* Perform engineering support in the detailing of work scope methodologies including equipment and specialist tooling specification, compiling and reviewing design inputs and functional requirements
* Site based duties will include being client and company assigned engineer, responsible for all aspects of work scope implementation in accordance with client and company procedures
* Creation of technical outputs including but not limited to drawings, calculations and procedures
* Responsible for providing technical guidance for specified discipline across business lines as required
* Higher National Engineering qualification or equivalent experience with a willingness to develop further education
* Good computer skills and competent with Word, Excel, Auto cad
* The ability to execute engineering calculations, MATHCAD, MATLAB, 3D computer modelling, simulation software
* Technical author.
* HNC in Mechanical/Civil/Structural/Marine/Electrical engineering or similar qualification with relevant experience
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.