- Posted 22 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Materials Support Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Must have the rights to work in the UK.
* Responsible for updating maintenance management systems (SAP) in relation to materials to ensure maintenance information is current and accurate across all maintenance disciplines.
* Responsible for responding to technical queries and raising material masters detailed within SAP using various fields of information, ability to procure required data from all sources is key.
* Read, review, add and update technical information in systems of record to ensure accurate information is available for procurement and maintenance teams both on and offshore.
* Support onshore and offshore teams on technical queries, procurement of materials, options of supply. Develop and maintain cross discipline working relationships.
* Ensure work orders awaiting material information are addressed and progressed in a timely manner as our prioritisation matrix dictates.
* Liaise with QA/QC to ensure quality of purchased and repaired equipment is supplied in accordance with company standards and fit for service.
* Identity obsolete spares holdings, propose alternatives for replacement/upgrade. Bill of material management to ensure duplicate material masters are eliminated, any obsolete numbers are correctly flagged for deletion through Supply Chain.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Apprenticeship or recognised qualification and background in an oil/gas environment.
* Extensive knowledge within a mechanical, electrical and or instruments background.
* Extensive maintenance knowledge, preferably gained in an offshore environment.
* Proven experience in a similar position within the Oil Gas industry.
* Excellent understand and essential knowledge of CMMS (SAP).
* Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Must be able to: prioritise workload, work independently, react positively to urgent requirements and be able to communicate and deliver under pressure.
* Good understanding of maintenance management systems and the need for precise clear information, identification and implementation of cost reduction opportunities.
* Proactive approach to HES initiatives.
* Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.
* Demonstrate proactive, flexible, and positive attitude. Share knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063546.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.