- Posted 18 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Material Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Works with the region sales and operations to create the regional forecast and global forecasts
* Works with the sales and operations team to convert the demand plans into physical orders.
Understands business trends, opportunities and how they impact the demand forecast
* Incoming demand: identifies order exceptions, misalignment with product rationalization strategy and opportunities to utilize existing inventory
* Plans and schedules order timelines to be consistent with customer requirements while minimizing inventory and shipping costs
* Works with the Product Line/Sales/Service Delivery to prioritize deliver dates as needed (push outs, pull ins)
* Performs various material management analysis such as statistical material consumption and forecasts, aged inventory, aged purchase orders, in-transit material analysis, safety stock, etc.
* Implements inventory stocking strategies
* Monitor levels of safety stock, global and aging inventory and works with regions and manufacturing plants to address accordingly
* Works with the AMO organization to ensure spare parts and asset demands are captured
* Works to ensure new assets, repaired assets and spares are captured with the Sales & Operations Planning process
* Assists in executing continuous improvement projects to maximize value
Experience & Qualifications:
* Associate degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent experience (Relevant experience)
* Experience in order management, inventory optimization and management, asset utilization and management
* Basic understanding of SAP and MRP functionality
* Ability to work with and influence stakeholders
* Tactical execution with a sense of urgency
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056029.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.