Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Marine Operations Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Liaise with 3rd parties as required to undertake marine assurance activities for any visiting vessels to platform installations such as PSVs, CSVs, DSVs, AHVs Shuttle Tankers etc.
* Undertake/manage on hire/off hire surveys of chartered vessels.
* Manage the weather forecasting contract for the Company
* Own the audit program and undertake vessel audits on long term vessel charters to Company such as ERRVs, Tankers and PSVs. Follow up on actions arising from audits to closure
* Undertake occasional trips offshore and alongside in harbour onboard Company assets and chartered vessels as required to audit/verify the status of critical equipment and procedures related to core discipline.
* Provide SME support to the Marine Team with focus on Tanker, ERRV and PSV Operations.
* Provide SME support to the Marine Team on Navigation Aids, Collision Avoidance, Emergency Tow and Bunkering systems
* Provide input to the Marine TA/Team Lead as required within core discipline in support of the Marine SECEs and Performance standards and any associated reporting such as AMISRs
* In collaboration with the Marine TA assist within core discipline in closing of IMS actions arising from audits and HSEx visits
* Support marine competency and manning requirements to the company's Competency Advisor
* Technical author of Company's cross asset Marine Operations documents such as Collision Risk Management, Guidance to vessel Masters and Marine Operations Manual, Tanker Assurance Standards and Asset specific emergency tow and heading control procedures for the floating installations
* Provide SME support to the Drilling Department with respect to rig move procedures, AHV specification, mob/demob, tow management etc.
* Attend HIRAs, HAZIDs and SIMOPS sessions for projects that utilise 3rd party vessels
* Review procedures for Minor/Major projects of Marine nature in order to provide SME input
* Provide SME input to Marine Vessel Operations related incident investigations
* Provide SME input to projects requiring the use of Marine vessels such as decommissioning and W2W
* Attend vessel mobilisations for safety/Marine briefings
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant discipline specific operational experience in energy or equivalent high-consequence industry
* High level of discipline competence, familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards.
* Sea going experience on Oil industry vessels such as Tankers, AHVs, PSVs etc (Master Mariner, SDPO, Chief Eng.)
* Vessel DP experience
* Auditor/Inspector experience
* Relevant degree-level qualification(s) minimum HND, BSc or higher preferred
* Working knowledge of CMMS (SAP)
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to foster good working relationships with all stakeholders
* Ability to travel offshore, FOET/MIST
* Computer literate with ability to produce technical reports
* Working knowledge of Class, HSE, MCA, IMO, IMCA etc regulations and standards
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069227.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.