- Posted 22 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameGary Watt
We have a current opportunity for a Management Accountant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Ross-shire. For further information about this position please apply.
General Accounting/Financial statements:
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with applicable accounting regulations and group guidelines.
- Responsible to maintain general ledger in accordance with global chart of accounts
- Overseeing and providing backup for finance assistant payroll activities; ensure all payroll journal entries are reconciled with HR
- Ensures proper cost accounting in line with corporate and local policies and guidelines
- Ensures and monitors proper accounting for sub-ledgers (esp. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Asset accounting)
- Ensures required payment runs are executed, align with Group Treasury and Procurement where necessary
- Ensures stock taking and valuation in line with corporate valuation procedures
- Review and approval of journal entries, recharges, filings & submissions to authorities prepared by finance staff
- Deals with internal and external auditors
- Develops and performs internal controls in accordance with the company's goals and the group's guidelines
- Prepares or validates all fiscal declarations (corporate income tax, VAT, payroll taxes, governmental benefits and others), handles internal and external tax-related inquiries
- Monitors new UK tax legislation/accounting standards and evaluates the impact to the organization
- Handles legal UK tax audits including provision of all relevant information in cooperation with Group Tax department and external advisors
Train, develop and provide guidance for staff within area of responsibility (2 direct reports)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.