Maintenance Technician - Fire & Gas
- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Technician - Fire & Gas, based Offshore.
* Responsible for the supervision of specific work-scopes, to ensure that the requirements of the company's Control of Work (ISSOW) system are fully complied-with.
* Performs task risk assessments using Toolbox Talk (Dynamic Risk Review), level 1 and level 2 techniques ensuring residual risk is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Always demonstrate personal leadership and exemplary safety behaviours ensuring that the company's Safety Rules expectations are communicated and maintained.
* Ensures relevant procedures within the company's Management System are adhered to.
* Ensure all environmental risks are considered and mitigated when work is being planned and executed.
* Contribute to platform safety management system by intervening when witnessing unsafe situations. Encourage safe behaviours amongst fellow workers and record conversations using the 'Intelligent Safety' database.
* Attend relevant training courses to maintain or improve levels of competency in the role of a performing authority.
* Instrument isolating authority under the Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant Standard (SIRPS).
* Proficient in the use of IT systems - Maximo, ISSOW, etc
* Identify opportunities to enhance production through modifications, procedural review and defect elimination.
* Ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects. Order all required materials and where appropriate feed the job into the plan.
* Primary point of contact for offshore technicians/management and onshore support, when dealing with Fire & Gas activity and issues.
* Manage Safety Critical maintenance to Zero overdue. Plan and execute all Fire & Gas related activity against Safety reason codes striving for Zero Safety backlog.
* Follow up on spares ordering to ensure timely delivery offshore. Update Maximo and plan jobs when spares arrive.
* Complete accurate handovers (written and verbal) for both shift change and at the end of trip.
* Ensure all plant operations are conducted with due regard to the company's Standards.
* Ensure all operations are conducted with regard to Plant shutdown avoidance.
* Complete all weekly maintenance routines as defined in Maximo and ensure that maintenance routines are written up with the appropriate amount of detail.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A minimum of an HNC Measurement / Control or Electrical Engineering.
* VQ Level 3 in Instrument Maintenance
* Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
* Operating or Project experience, either onshore or offshore, in the role of Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Technician.
* Ability to work extended periods of time offshore on a production platform.
* Good understanding of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
* Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems and operations
* Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
* Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to the job role
* Experience of working in the UK offshore industry
* Good communication skills
* Well-developed technical problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team.
* Proactive approach to safety management
* All levels of offshore personnel
* Onshore operations support teams
* Contractor's operations and maintenance personnel
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066605.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.