Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Edmonton, north London
Reports To: Waste Operations Manager
- Vehicle Workshop Manager
- Transport Supervisor
- Lead Drivers
- Commercial vehicle Drivers
To ensure that materials are transported, in the most effective and economic manner, by effectively managing all Company transportation movements. To satisfy internal and external customer needs in a cost effective manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Management
- Optimise the use of all Company vehicles, drivers and support staff to meet its demands across the Group activities.
- To manage all the associated Transport operational expenditure within budgeted levels.
- To oversee the efficient and safe operation of the vehicle workshop.
- To manage all aspects of vehicle maintenance, planned and unplanned in maximising fleet utilisation and reduced vehicle downturn.
- To identify and implement operational efficiencies and cost reductions across all aspects of responsibility.
- To maintain compliance with the NLWA contract and all other client contracts with regards to all aspect of transport and other activities within remit that support all LWL process plants/sites.
- To lead and/or support any vehicle procurement process as and when applicable. This includes selling of existing Company Vehicles where appropriate and specification and acquisition of new vehicles.
- To undertake such other duties at a similar level as may be required.
2. Fleet/Plant Management
- To ensure that all relevant vehicles comply with the obligations outlined in the Company's Operators' License, especially with regard to vehicle defect reporting, vehicle servicing, safety inspections and all vehicle records.
- Where appropriate ensure that mobile plant complies with Manufacturer maintenance guidance.
- To manage all service requirements effectively and efficiently with both internal or external service suppliers holding regular clinic meeting to maintain required standards.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards such as the Goods Vehicle Operators Licence in its entirety.
- From time to time measure external suppliers for cost efficiency and put forward proposals where changes are required.
- Prior to expiry of external service agreements put forward proposals cost effective to source another competitive and effective supplier.
- Maximise vehicle utilization and ensure that, where vehicle and/or trailer/container tracking systems are in place then they are used in an effective manner.
- Provide technical advice to Supervisors and fitters on vehicle maintenance, repairs and inspection, coordinating with suppliers as necessary.
- People Management
- To ensure that all personnel comply with Company Policy and Procedures at all times.
- To require, all personnel to recognise their responsibilities to themselves, their colleagues and other road users under Health and Safety legislation and Company policy.
- Maintain clear communications between all employees and departments within remit and across Company.
- To ensure that all activity and personnel within remit are fully conversant with the company Health and Safety procedures and Policies and to ensure these are adhered at all times.
- Periodically and at required intervals review all safe systems of work to ensure they are up to date and effective.
- To identify, propose and implement training needs as required.
- To resolve any employee relations issue at the earliest opportunity and provide motivation and leadership to all Transport and Hendon personnel.
- To provide direction and guidance to all Supervisors in their management of people related issues.
- HGV1 Licence Holder
- Holder of Logistics CPC