Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Logistics Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Maintaining the procedures for the allocation of logistics costs
* Undertaking Allocation of Logistics Costs - PSV Pool, Helicopter Pool, Shore base
* Ensuring Logistics is governed within a financially controlled environment in compliance with SOAP6 and CPEL procedures
* Coordinating and supporting the creation of all budgets involving Logistics
* Working closely with members in the Logistics Team to produce combined monthly Logistics KPI report
* Preparing and issuing Logistics Monthly Management Reports, Outlooks and Accrual information including any 3rd Party Invoices for shared services
* Seeking opportunities to develop and improve the use of systems to automate and improve processes and reports
* Assisting in the maintenance of Accounts Receivable Register for logistics related invoices
* Providing Joint Venture and Contract Audit support
* Good Receipts/Invoice Receipts (GR/IR) account reconciliation, maintenance and clearing as required
* Providing cover and/or support to other areas in Operations Accounting
Experience & Qualifications:
* Having prior experience working within a Joint Venture cost and/or Logistics environment is a mandatory requirement. You will preferably have prior experience in the oil industry within an operation and/or drilling environment.
* Having a degree is preferred but not mandatory if you have prior and demonstrable experience in a similar role. Being part / qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) is desirable but again not essential.
* You will have strong previous experience working with SAP - the AP module in particular being a mandatory requirement. You will also be able to operate Microsoft office Excel at an intermediate/advanced level.
* Candidates wishing to be considered for this opportunity will have a solutions-focused, can-do attitude to their work, paired with strong communication and teamworking skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068202.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.