- Posted 28 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Light Well Intervention Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to company SHEI&S Policies.
* Optimise safe working practices in the development of operational programmes in compliance with Company Rules. Be familiar with derogations, management of change and company rules. Liaise with the Well Examiner to ensure programs are in line with the Well Examination Scheme.
* Participates in risk assessments, HAZOPs or HAZIDs when required.
* Maintains awareness of and ensures compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
* Provides engineering and technical solutions to well intervention challenges by positively participating in multi-disciplinary teams in well planning preparation, peer reviews, risk assessment & execution of operations in a timely manner
* Prepare well intervention designs / programmes / end of well reports & co-ordinate other specialist inputs
* Undertake technical studies & apply technical skills with innovative thinking to obtain positive outcomes: propose changes & / or innovations with properly identified risks & expected benefits
* Interfaces appropriately with Assets and other Drilling/Wells entities to ensure Well Intervention requests are promptly and accurately prepared
* Active participation in performance monitoring, analysis and reporting.
* Works with Superintendents to ensure that all services are planned and performed in a safe manner, to the required standard using good oilfield practice.
* Develops estimated cost and duration, for interventions or elements of specific operations. Follows the status of WTI contracts: and WTI expenditures.
* Initiates and prepare CFTs with concerned personnel when required.
* Aa required, perform visits and audits of service companies. With a Focus on contractor equipment and Company owned equipment stored by the Services companies.
* Follows up and reviews the lessons learnt.
* Actively Pursue New Technology and shares within WTI and company.
* Perform offshore visits as required to support offshore operations
Experience & Qualifications:
* The job holder should be educated to degree level or similar in Mechanical or petroleum engineering related discipline and demonstrates ability in well servicing (and completions) with relevant experience in oil industry
* Practical knowledge in Production, Geosciences, SHEI&S, finance and Integrity aspects of the business is required.
* Will have organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment
* Will have good computer skills; familiarity with Office 365 applications would be an advantage, e.g. MS Planner.
* Will possess current certification in UK Offshore Survival, MIST and hold a current OGUK Medical Certificate.
* Possess IWCF Level 4 certificate.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055574.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.