- Posted 10 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Legal Counsel, based in Aberdeen.
Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures
* Provide legal advice and, when necessary, manage outside legal services on various commercial, regulatory and strategic issues that may affect the Company
* The role is broad and will involve a variety of work, including some or all the following activities:
* Draft, review and negotiate agreements in support of the Company's business
* Counsel the Company on compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
* Represent the Company in external settings including with stakeholders
* Manage outside counsel
* Any reasonable instruction from the Line Manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or Scotland
* Previous experience in oil and gas law, regulatory law applicable to the upstream oil and gas industry, or contract/procurement law, either in a private law firm or in-house energy company
* Self-starter, strong initiative and ability to work under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* Confidence in communicating with senior management
* Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a team environment
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062756.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.