- Posted 24 April 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Legal Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Provides specialist advice and guidance on a range of legal issues ensuring all risks are identified, understood and managed.
* Negotiates and co-ordinates the development of a wide range of legal/commercial matters e.g. Joint Operating Agreements, Construction and Tie-In Agreements, Transportation Agreements, Product Sales Agreements, A&D activities, and Licence Applications.
* Drafts a variety of legal/contractual documents, obtaining input from multiple sources as appropriate, and ensures all documents are available on time in support of the smooth and successful progress and conclusion of the matter.
* Provides guidance on the administration ad interpretation of contracts and other legal agreements.
* Provides instruction to external legal advisors/specialists. Develops highly positive and effective working relationships with all external advisors.
* Maintains a high level of professional awareness of legal and fiscal developments affecting the industry, future trends within the industry, etc.
* Provides company secretarial support as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Fully qualified lawyer
* MSc in Oil & Gas Law or equivalent (Preferred)
* Previous experience of negotiating and drafting oil and gas industry contracts and agreements - either in private commercial practice or in-house
* Good level of awareness of industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, commercial developments, etc.
* Ability to gain a high level of professional and personal credibility - internally and externally
* Good knowledge of the legal and fiscal regime affecting the UK oil and gas industry
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/053284.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.