Field Service Specialist
We are seeking a highly-motivated, mechanically inclined production operator with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic, hands on, field-based work environment. You will be responsible for working in the field with other teams to perform repairs, perform preventative maintenance on existing equipment, diagnose issues, conduct root cause failure analysis, pre and post job reviews, handle contractor work, collect data / validate conditions, and investigate customer/3rd party issues.
Key components of this role are supporting a manufacturing business mindset with periodic quality assurance or verifications of business processes including safety, understanding and driving non-desired outcomes (defects and variability) out of the operating model, and collaborating across teams to drive improvement into the business though fundamental changes in operating practices. The physical demands are frequent: standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements. In addition, there are periodic demands of: operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones and occasionally lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
What we need from you:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with remote staff on problems that may be encountered using phone, video or virtual assist technology
- Analytical prowess to leverage data and available resources to resolve key issues that arise every single day in the field.
- Full cycle understanding of oil and gas operating systems from reservoir to sales line.
- Seek out opportunities to increase capability and capacity
- Proven ability to learn or conduct basic failure analysis
- Experience using data to drive decision-making
- High level of aptitude and interest with new technology
Preferred skills and behaviors:
- Experience in oil and gas or other manufacturing/industrial business
- Understanding of oil and gas industry
- Capability to troubleshoot and repair industry components such as level controllers, displacment valves, switches, controls, pumps, vessels, and flare systems
- Artificial lift knowledge regarding gas lift compression, ESP's, Rod Pump
- Comfortable working with high pressure systems up to 3,000psig
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Extraordinary listening and social skills along with upbeat, naturally inquisitive, and confidence-instilling approach both remotely and in person.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, handling challenging demands, and taking care of frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.