- Posted 10 May 2022
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Learning and Development Manager, based in Aberdeen on a 12 month basis.
* To lead and manage the L&D function, driving forward and delivering competency programmes, personal development plans, management development programmes, graduate programmes, chartership attainment, leadership development and performance management. Ensure that the learning processes and programmes are valid, cost effective and support the overall company business strategy.
* Work with the HR Manager to plan, develop and implement the L&D strategy that supports business improvement objectives and enhances employee engagement.
* Ensure the L&D team is appropriately resourced and that the skills and expertise of the team are developed to support the delivery of the L&D plan.
* Ensure that learning resources are utilised in a cost-effective way and manage suppliers of same to deliver ROI.
* Provide specialist advice and guidance to management on all aspects of L&D policies and procedures. Ensure policies, procedures and systems are reviewed, developed, and implemented, in line with industry best practice.
* Develops and maintains appropriate management systems for delivery, measuring and reporting on key aspects of the L&D function, monitor service delivery of the function, and identify opportunities to improve the quality-of-service provision.
* Ensure learning and development initiatives and plans are closely assigned to business objectives and industry requirements and works with the Leadership Team and client groups to create an environment where a high standard of professional and technical competency is achieved throughout the company and where employees are actively supported in their development.
* Take a lead role in the development of highly effective relationships with L&D service providers e.g., competency, training providers and third parties.
* Represent company externally through membership of industry forums, attending conferences/seminars.
* Demonstrate leadership and personal commitment in relation to the delivery of company HSSE strategies and the achievement of world class HSE performance.
* Ability to review organisational training and development needs, and plan and create programmes aligned to business objectives.
* Draft, maintain and manage L&D budgets, negotiate contracts and ensure efficiencies are maintained.
* Prepare and communicate regular L&D reporting, and training evaluation and feedback, for the business.
* Work with HR to implement and facilitate effective succession planning and talent management tools and initiatives.
* Act as an internal coach to the business.
* Keep abreast of and execute different learning styles and channels to support the agile working environment.
* Ensure training and competence remains in line with regulatory and statutory requirements.
* Participate in Emergency Response Rota.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
* Degree qualified. (preferred)
* Offshore training safety certification. (preferred)
* Practical experience in a senior/management L&D role within the UK oil and gas industry.
* Experience of successfully leading/managing L&D projects and teams.
* Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and influence/challenge senior management on strategic L&D issues.
* Good knowledge of best L&D practice and new L&D Initiatives.
* Firsthand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry.
* Experience of working within an Operator environment. (preferred)
* Experience of working within an HR team. (preferred)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054573.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.