Lead Static Equipment Engineer
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Static Equipment Engineer with a passion for the oil and gas industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in early design stages (Basic, FEED and Detailed Design).
This is a multi-location role that will likely start in the EPC Contractor office in UK, and then transfer to the Middle East as the project moves into the execution phase.
As the Lead Static Equipment Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality, safety, and compliance of all static equipment engineering on the project. You will also be responsible for leading a team of engineers and technicians, and ensuring that they are meeting the project's goals and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Verifying that all deliverables related to static equipment are fit for purpose and conform to the basis of design and project specifications
- Ensuring that the general layout of the AGUP Phase 2 facilities complies with maintenance and inspection requirements
- Coordinating with the operations team to ensure that the static equipment is designed for operability, availability, and maintainability
- Reviewing and commenting on vendor documents
- Preparing and participating in technical reviews
- Managing punch lists
- Providing support to the commissioning team
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety and quality standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical, civil, or structural engineering
- 10+ years of experience in static equipment engineering, with a focus on oil and gas projects
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safety and quality
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work on a major oil and gas project in Iraq. If you are a highly skilled and experienced Static Equipment Engineer with a passion for the industry, we encourage you to apply!
To apply, please click the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.