- Posted 07 September 2022
- Salary Health, Dental, Vision provided by employer
- LocationLong Island City
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameTravis Weaver
Lead Site Technician / Site Technician Supervisor
- Duration: 02-Jan-2023 - 30-Sep-2023
- Business Unit: Construction
- Job Classification: Offshore Operations & Logistics
- Category Name: Lead Site Technician- senior
The Consultant must be in possession of an iPhone 6 or a newer model, or a Windows phone 8.1 where The Company's AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by The Company staff (including consultants) to protect them from cybercrime
Shift pattern: Is set to Mon-Fri, 10 hours, however you may expect to be flexible if required by project or in agreement with project and trainees.
- Day to day tasks. Both offshore and onshore works can be expected.
Tasks include, not limited to:
- Responsible for the Site Technicians. Rota, timesheets etc.
- Overall daily planning of tasks and RAMS for the Site Technicians.
- Train the less experienced Site Technician Supervisors (aka Lead Site Technicians in EU) on how to succeed in their new role.
Assist Site Technicians BOP/OSS as required with daily tasks (subject to Site Technicians role description) e.g.:
- Managing the maintenance of the OSS- crane, davit lifting systems and manual hoists.
- Any extra tasks given to the Site Techs by the projects.
- Snags after installation.
- Walk-downs and checks (as directed by CM).
- Assisting SAPs with fitting of locks and chains during commissioning.
- Servicing, repair, re-fuelling, and removal of foundation generators.
- General maintenance and inspections of mechanical OSS systems (not electrical during construction) including Helideck (Aviation/Temporary Navigation) if applicable.
- Planning of davit crane operations
- GWO courses: Sea Survival, Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling.
- BOSIET/HUET incl. CA-EBS
- OGUK Medical certificate incl. Chester Step
- Experience in leading/managing a crew
- Relevant education/courses: Slinger & Banksman, Rigging level 1
- Five years of relevant experience
- Previously worked as a Lead Site Technician
- Previously worked as a Site Technician
- Experience with training, instructing or similar
- Must hold a valid working permit/Visa for the US
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.