- Posted 07 July 2022
- Salary £800 - £900 per day + PAYE rate (Inside IR35)
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Lead Project Engineer (FLNG Delivery Manager)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Project Engineer (FLNG Delivery Manager) on a 12-month contract basis.
The Project Engineer - FLNG will report directly to the FLNG Project Director and work within the FLNG Unit through the remainder of the Execute Phase and handover Production; delivering a safe, quality, reliable, and cost-efficient FLNG facility.
The role is based in Sunbury, with some travel (including potentially the contractor's technical office in Oslo, Norway, and the EPC Contractor's shipyard in Singapore).
The Project Engineer - FLNG will be a key member of the FLNG Project Management Team.
The role will interface with multiple FLNG Squads, the FLNG organisation plus disciplines, and functions.
- Lead by example on HSE with strong behaviors and personal actions that put safety first
- Leading the FLNG performance management process and facilitating the weekly performance meeting
- Be risk champion for the FLNG Unit and be a focal point for risk and opportunity management
- Act as a key point of integration across the FLNG Squads and into Operations
- Track and performance manage the delivery of MPcp and FLNG LOPC Risk Action Plan deliverables
- Take a lead role in the coordination of the three remaining FLNG project-phase PHSSER-style reviews - with a significant focus on defining and managing the readiness process in the 6-12 months before the reviews take place
- Track, support, and performance manage the delivery of the FLNG annual operating plan Manage the project change management process and be SPA for contract changes
- Lead on certain discrete project management scope delivery items and authoring project governance documents - which are associated with this unique and novel contracting and risk management approach to project delivery
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Professionally accredited and recognized to an international standard by professional association/s
- Strong track record with a demonstrable focus on safety.
- Must have relevant work experience in offshore oil and gas projects solving multi-discipline problems.
- Must have prior project experience working with a contractor in an EPC environment.
- An ability to interface and perform effectively in a very complex contracting and stakeholder management environment - with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide-ranging cultural backgrounds.
- Must have strong planning, interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills.
- Must be highly motivated and a team player.
- Must have the ability to define and prioritise issues and solve problems through networking with other team members or external sources.
- Must have the ability to identify opportunities to reduce inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
If you feel you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.