Lead Process Engineer - Norway
6 month contract
5,500-750 NOK per day
Description about project/department
Utgard is a gas/condensate field with high CO2 located approximately 21 km west of Sleipner. Utgard is planned to be developed by using a 4 slot subsea template with two wells completed. The template will be tied-back via a pipeline to the Sleipner T platform for processing and umbilical from Sleipner A. Planned start-up of Utgard is Q4 2019. Our client has entered into a EPCIC contract with a main contractor for Sleipner topside modifications. The tie-in will be to Sleipner T with umbilical from Sleipner A, with maximum reuse of existing equipment on Sleipner. .
Description of the modifications at Sleipner T: * Well stream from Utgard to Sleipner T in a 10" pipeline * Use 20" J-tube J1 at SLT for riser pull-in * Tie-in off 10" ID Well stream Flow line * New multiphase meter (MPM) * New start-up Inlet Heater * Two new chokes in parallel * New Utgard PSE (rupture disk solution) * Temporary pig receiver * Replace heater between 2. and 3. stage separator * Heat tracing Description of the modifications at Sleipner A: * Tie in off control umbilical for Utgard subsea installations * Use 12" J-tube EJ1 for umbilical pull in * New chemical systems, storage and pumps * Re-use of an existing subsea hydraulic power unit (HPU) * New Topside Umbilical Termination Unit (TUTU)
Description about task and responsibilities
The project need a discipline lead for the process discipline. This person needs to be familiar with subsea tie-backs and system design challenges from well to marked.
* Follow up process discipline in the Utgard tie-in to Sleipner EPCIC project
* Ensure experience transfer and best practice from relevant projects.
* Ensure HSE, quality and schedule.
* Ensure that the modifications are designed in accordance with the contract, and in accordance with the project goals. Handle dispensations and seek simplifications/cost reductions where possible.
* Ensure alignment with the client's discipline basis organization, discipline ladder, Sleipner Technical Integrity and Operations.
* Ensure that discipline operational requirements and experience data are implemented in the design and in accordance with best practice.
* Ensure that the discipline is integrated and coordinated with other project disciplines
* Close dialogue with Utgard project, including input to system design for the total value chain in Utgard
* Ensure clarification and implementation of relevant authority requirements.
* Establish working relations with the contractor's discipline
* Support project contractor in engineering and procurement work.
* Follow up contractor's discipline deliverables for the engineering design
* Follow up contractor's discipline progress in accordance to the projects schedule.
* Evaluate technical clarifications and change proposals within the discipline.
* Participate and give input in discipline related reviews.
* Give input to the Project Risk register based on evaluated risks within own engineering discipline, and follow up according to agreed action plans
Familiar with process design and process safety of subsea tiebacks with modifications to downstream topsides.
Familiar with Company's governing documents and way of working Fluent in English, Norwegian and Norwegian Masters degree or similar.
Extensive relevant experience required.
If this is something of interest, please contact Callum on 0161 926 2500 or send your CV to Callum.Shevlin@orioneng.com