Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Posted 14 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Mechanical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide direction to line management for all aspects of Rotating and Static Equipment, including maintenance, analysis of technical problems, proposing solutions and monitor /managing implementation of corrective actions
* Lead team of mechanical engineers ensuring the Asset priorities are always met and planning gate compliance is met at all times
* Perform and support technical audits on operating asset(s) on due diligence reviews and related maintenance activities
* Review and approve method statements created by contracted organisations for scopes and therefore ensuring planning gate compliance is always met Identify, develop and apply successful practices in maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment
* Provide technical support to new projects, including review of design documents and specifications, witnessing Factory Acceptance Tests, installation and commissioning support, to ensure good operating practice and expertise is incorporated
* Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of mechanical engineers, ensuring a timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements.
* Ensure that the requirements of environmental and safety policies are incorporated into designs and maintenance work-scopes.
* Contribute machinery input on such issues as developing turnaround worklists, supporting "Reliability Centred Maintenance" and other Process Safeguarding Management initiatives
* Provide rapid response to day-to-day system failure analysis and problem solving that are out with the resources of onsite personnel.
* Provide technical input to equipment overhauls and repairs ensuring scope addresses specific needs and associated costs are kept under control. Monitor / control scopes of work maintaining a dose liaison with asset engineers
* Maintain close links with onsite personnel and take responsibility for providing timely responses to requests for support and technical guidance, including provision of offshore as required
* Conduct Mechanical Engineering activities for projects, from initial concept definition phase through engineering studies, FEED, detailed design and commissioning.
* Review technical deviations and variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Mechanical Engineering Degree with extensive experience resolving maintenance and operation related technical issues associated with rotating equipment and its ancillary systems used Onshore and Offshore in the Oil and Gas Industry.
* Extensive knowledge surrounding reciprocating compressors would be an advantage
* Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of offshore production and utility systems
* Thorough understanding of relevant Offshore Regulations applicable to the operations of rotating equipment in the North Sea Thorough understanding and application of condition-based maintenance techniques: e.g.
vibration analysis, lube oil analysis, integrity and performance condition monitoring
* Participation in design reviews, HAZOP studies and SIL assessment
* Strong understanding of the process behind the overhaul and operation of gas turbines, centrifugal gas compressors and other major rotating equipment
* Experience in leading a team of discipline engineers/ asset engineers
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063415.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.