- Posted 05 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Group Finance Technical Accountant, based in London.
* Coordinate and preparation of technical accounting papers on emerging IFRS disclosure topics and new business activities
* Provide financial reporting technical advice to the business units on new areas of accounting (including joint ventures and associates) and corporate structuring initiatives
* Provide recommendations to management to inform accounting best practice and prepare technical accounting summaries of key accounting areas for review to inform the Audit and Risk Committee and external audit
* Involvement with advising on IFRS annual report and accounts (ARA) notes for the year end consolidation working with related head office functions as required (HR, Legal, Supply chain, Environmental social governance)
* Support the preparation of the quarterly consolidated group financial accounts for senior stakeholder review, with a focus on accuracy of key performance indicators, P&L, cash-flow and balance sheet reviews
* Act as support for Head office Accountants when required, for the group legal entities monthly accounts submissions utilising SAP and BBC (SAP-BBC)
* Assist in Global finance initiatives such as financial controls improvements and build a good working relationship with the local country finance teams
* Undertake ad-hoc project related work to meet business demands
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with strong academics
* Proven track record of IFRS statutory accounts and associated technical accounting matters
* Strong operational understanding of Excel, SAP and SAP products (such as BPC)
* Experience in the oil and gas industry or a related industry is preferred and would be an advantage
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062662.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.