- Posted 20 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NamePhil Butcher
* Lead execution of retrofit projects including installation, power up, and commissioning of one or more of the following turbine control solutions: Mark V, Mark VI, and Mark Vie control systems integrated with gas turbine, steam turbine and compressor, HMI upgrades, and TIL implementation
* Execute site project management and technical leader duties. Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues. Addresses customer service requests and leads customer issue resolution during warranty and post-warranty periods.
* Responsible for pre-planning, site scheduling, field engineering, oversight and direction of other field resources, commissioning, control system startup, and project handover to customers.
* Works closely with project managers, customers and supplier representatives to ensure financial performance, quality project installation, timeliness, and customer satisfaction
* Respond to customer call out services requests.
* Manage relationships with customers, business partners and suppliers, both internal and external, during installation, site commissioning and startup phases.
* Timely completion of service time sheets, trip reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements including pre-mobilization and de-mobilization meetings and procedures.
* Work closely with other functions to identify and register change order opportunities as well as review proposals for new opportunities, formulate and present GE solution to customers.
* Interface with GE Power Services, GE Industrial, and other GE Businesses.
* Significant travel and over-time will be expected, up to 55%.
* Other duties as required. Secondary duties may possibly include participation in FAT (factory acceptance test); participation in development of overall controls strategy for projects; design of hardware and software configuration packages according to project requirements; design of operator interface graphics and network topologies; release of system design to manufacturing.
* Industrial automation, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED and a minimum of 4 years of industry experience)
* 4 years of field engineering experience in power generation, industrial plant automation, DCS (distributed control system), PLC (programmable logic controller) or similar industry sectors.
* Ability to troubleshoot control and instrumentation systems at all levels, from field devices to control system, and networking
* Must be able to generate immediate credibility with customers, suppliers, GE project management / engineering communities.
* Strong customer focus, interpersonal, and computer skills
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment is required.
* Extensive application / design knowledge in one or more of the following areas; Steam Turbine Control, Combustion Turbine Control, Hydro Turbine, Excitation and generator protection systems; Power Plant BOP (Balance of Plant) Systems, Installation of equipment in the above technologies
* Effective written and oral communication skills with excellent spoken and written English skills.
* Customer-focused skills, demonstrated by experience in field services, customer services or project management, are essential.
* Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain).
* Previous industrial field service experience.
* Controls experience to equipment that functions as a "prime mover".
* Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach"
* Computer skills, familiarity with MS Office, TCP/IP configuration.
* Ability to learn other software tool applications to support HMI and application changes (Cimplicity, Intellution, Toolbox, GAP, etc.).
* Prior mechanical / maintenance experience preferred.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
* Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
* Ability to set and meet aggressive goals and targets.
* Minimum of 1 year of nuclear experience.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.