- Posted 10 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Electrical Technician, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures
* Ensure asset is operated and maintained in compliance with the Asset Safety case.
* Direct and control all activities in compliance with the company's systems of work.
* Drive improvements in standards, safety and environmental performance & promote a strong Safety Culture.
* Ensure Asset annual safety, production, environmental and operational goals are met.
* Has a responsibility to set the standard(s) & ensure that work is completed in the correct manner.
* Direct and prioritise electrical group activities/expectations for the day in conjunction with the IAPS planning process and as directed by MTL/OMTL.
* Actively supervise safety and environmental critical activity using appropriate tools (Safety Observations, Field Verification etc.).
* Actively coach & develop the operations team primarily to ensure operating integrity but also to provide a stream of individuals with future potential.
* Facilitate maintenance & repair of the facilities in an efficient manner.
* Control all Maintenance activities in accordance with the company's processes & procedures.
* Acting as responsible electrical person (REP), contribute towards safe systems of work - EG PTW, Isolations, WICS, Control of inhibits, Flange management (i.e., maintain records & system in accordance with the procedure).
* Ensure your direct reports maintain competency in line with Competence Management System
* As a supervisor it is expected that you will facilitate forthcoming work identified in the T0-T6 Plan Horizon. To achieve this, you will be required to liaise with Planning and Scheduling roles, TA's, Supply Chain & Logistics to ensure work activity is resourced (Labour /materials /support/information) effectively, collate lessons learnt & feedback to ensure continuous improvement. Your Team leader should be working in the 7 - 14-day window and technicians are provided with a 7-day schedule for execution. Responsibilities include review of the T0-T6 window for readiness, using our Gate Criteria or, for complex scopes, a Plan Assurance Review.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Have a recognised electrical engineering qualification (OND / ONC/ HNC/HND).
* Experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industries.
* Be a leader through demonstration of positive leadership and people skills, led by example.
* Capable of delivering on commitments, and working unsupervised
* Good existing network of contacts across onshore & offshore
* Able to mediate / facilitate across a broad spectrum of groups to deliver a timely fit for purpose solution.
* Have an appreciation of all other disciplines/ roles
* Completed competencies required within the company Competence Management System
* Be trained and deemed competent as an Assessor within the training and competency process
* Ability to stand-in as Maintenance Team Leader/Maintenance Supervisor
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055840.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.