- Posted 03 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Lead Document Controller
We are seeking a Lead Document Controller for our Oil & Gas Operator client based in Aberdeen. They work 5 days in the office, so candidates would have to live locally to the offices. PAYE contract.
Candidates should have a strong background in supporting major capital projects and have previous team supervisory experience (3 reports in this case)
* Gather business requirements for the management and access of project team generated documents. Create and implement supporting procedures, processes, and work instructions to provide a high level of automation and access to information with minimum complexity.
* Coordinate the selection, configuration and implementation of applications related to the Document Control function to meet defined business requirements in accordance with defined best practice processes / frameworks.
* Ensure Document Control applications adequately support the sharing, workflow, security, accuracy and completeness of project team documents.
* Coordinate and lead all Document Control associated issues within the Electronic Document and or data management System (EDMS).
* lead a team of document controllers
* Breadth, depth and complexity of knowledge and competencies would cover a broad range of varied activities or application in a wider variety of contexts most of which are complex and non-routine. Consider input to the Document Control portion of the IM budget in conjunction with the IM lead
* Prepare user documentation and training on processes and applications that are implemented to manage project information.
* Function as a single point of contact between the project team and Contractor(s) Document Control discipline.
* Interface with Project IM lead /engineering data management group and Joint Venture organization to develop and implement the handover of project documents and engineering data help to facilitate processes to achieve this
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project team by seeking to understand their needs, properly setting expectations, and consistently meeting commitments.
* Represent Document Management functional area in project communications with the Joint Venture and shareholders.
* Interface with Project IM Lead, wider project team, and project manager to identify process improvements.
* Proactively communicate key learning's and best practices
* Ensure compliance with IM published policies, guidelines, and standards.
* Ensure compliance with all Certifying Authorities, and local Governmental Regulatory Institutions.
* Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environment policies.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects at a time and work in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivation and pro-activity are required. Must have good attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant document control experience with the least half of that in a lead role.
* In-depth knowledge of IM/DC systems and Microsoft products. Knowledge of Auto-Cad or similar tools a plus
* Relevant experience in supervising document control staff preferably within a major capital project
* Ability to communicate effectively at all project levels
* Team management skills
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062634.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.